About these ads

10 Awful On-Screen Wigs

10. d’Artagnan in The Three Musketeers

Okay so this one is not exactly a wig since Logan Lerman used glue-in extensions but his hair looked so bad in this movie that it had to be on this list.

9. Phyllis in Double Indemnity

Rumor has it Barbara Stanwyck hated dying her hair, which is why she wore the tacky blonde wig in this movie. Apparently they called her “George Washington.”
8. Sarah in The Craft

Robin Tunney had shaved her head for her role in Empire Records and unfortunately the wig they chose for her to wear in this movie just didn’t work.

7. Lois Lane in Superman Returns

There are many reasons why Kate Bosworth flopped as Lois Lane, and one of them was the wig she wore, which only accentuated this obvious miscast.

6. Lucy in My Week With Marilyn

Emma Watson had a small part in this film, and unluckily for her they decided to cover her chic short hair with this super unattractive wig.

5. Lureen in Brokeback Mountain

Anytime Anne Hathaway was on screen it was hard to not be distracted by her hair. It’s as if they intentionally chose the worst wigs to use.

4. Skeeter in The Help

Emma Stone plays a less-than-glamorous character in The Help and the wig she wears is possibly one of the worst in cinematic history.

3. Storm from the X-Men series

It takes a lot to make Halle Berry look anything less than perfect but these films managed to do so. The color was canon but none of these styles looked remotely flattering.

2. Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones

Daenerys’ unique hair color certainly warranted the use of a wig and it wasn’t bad in Season 1. But Season 2 came along and it seemed like they just stopped trying to make it look at all real.

1. Every character in the Twilight films.

You’d think after the first movie was successful they would at least spend money on some decent hairpieces in the sequels and yet, they just seem to get worse.

About these ads
Comments
10 Responses to “10 Awful On-Screen Wigs”
  1. ariananunez says:

lmao, i love the Storm wigs, they did their best with what the characters feature (white hair) is…might as well have fun with it…other than that kudos to this awesome list!

2. XD this is pretty epic

3. Drew says:

I just watched Savages, and I found Salma Hayek’s wig to be extremely distracting!

4. Awesome list… Although I did like Alice’s hair in Twilight, and the spiky hair of Storm in the X-Men… But that is just my idea of course xD

5. Kajsa says:

The Twilight characters and indeed awful, but I actually like Daenery’s hair even in season 2!

6. Michelle says:

Woah these are rough to look at!

7. Ben says:

Is it wrong that I didn’t really notice these were wigs in a lot of the pictures? Guess I’m just not on-the-ball when it comes to hair-pieces?!

8. Liouville says:

What about Alison Lohman from White Oleander.
    Caroline from 2 Broke girls.
    Amanda Seyfried from Lovelace
    Judy Greer from Jawbreaker
    The list is endless. I’m a wig maker so I’m a little too judgemental

• Jamie Z. says:

Well this list was made before Lovelace and I think 2 Broke Girls and I’ve never seen White Oleander. all great additions though.

• gfunk101 says:

Take a look at the date this feature was published. It predates these examples.