Profile: Hello my name is Corrye and I’m an aspiring writer and unabashed geek. I used to deny my geekiness. I thought it would go away on its own or that I’d outgrow it. I even pretended it didn’t exist. But this only increased my desire to watch Vampire Hunter D again pretend I was Indiana Jones in my garage. Finally I was able to come out of the trash compactor on the detention level and admit I was a full fledged geek. It was an amazing feeling—like getting that third star in a row on Super Mario 3, or winning tickets to Comic Con, or being a major character on Game of Thrones and being told you WON’T be killed off this week. As to the things I geek out to the most I’m very movie oriented—Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Alien, Bladerunner, Back to the Future, et al. I definitely have a passion for fantasy and sci-fi authors George R.R Martin, Tolkien, Asimov, and Stephen King among others. Not much of a gamer although I do appreciate zombie shooters like Resident Evil. My favorite superhero hands down is Batman and I believe The Dark Knight Returns is the greatest graphic novel ever made…although Watchmen gives it a run for its money. I also have my own movie blog at http://www.whydithavetobesnakes.blogspot.com/ I’m also married to the most wonderful person in the world, my wife Megan and we have two crazy cats—Ferb and Moe.
Posts by Darth Gandalf:
- WTF Hollywood??? Stop stuffing the zombie genre down our throats!!!!
- Review: ‘Robocop’
- The Night The Oscar Died
- A Tribute to Philip Seymour Hoffman
- WTF Hollywood??? Enough with the ‘Star Wars’ Rumors!
- Movie Review: ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’
- Review: ‘Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues’
- WTF Hollywood??? Why Casting Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman is a Horrible Idea
- Hollywood is the ‘Dune’ killer Part II
- Movie Review: ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’