About these ads

Casting Call: Jane (Tarzan)

It’s recently been announced that director David Yates will adapt a big screen version of Tarzan with Warner Bros. Rumors are putting Tom Hardy, Henry Cavill, Charlie Hunnam, and Alexander Skarsgård as possibles for the lead but no word yet on who could be playing Jane. Below are some British beauties I’d like to see get the part of Jane in a live-action Tarzan film.

10.

Imogen Poots is the blue-eyed damsel from the Fright Night remake with plenty of credit under her belt. She’s been rumored for many important American roles lately and I think this is another one she’d be great for.

Angel Coulby  plays humble Gwen on Merlin. I think her gentle nature and  beautiful smile will work for the part of this English rose.

Sarah Bolger was a tour de force in The Tudors and has recently nabbed the role of Sleeping Beauty on Once Upon a Time. She is another actress who I think has the right persona for this role.

Sophia Myles charmed her way into our hearts as the doomed princess Isolde and was absolutely wonderful on the short-lived Moonlight. She would bring the right balance of sweet and sassy to the part of Jane.

Natalie Dormer is a talented and beautiful woman whether she’s blonde or brunette. It would be nice to see her in a softer role than the seductress Anne Boleyn on The Tudors or power-hungry Margaery Tyrell on Game of Thrones.

Romola Garai is an underrated talant and an expert at period pieces. She has an “everygirl” quality about her and despite that, hasn’t had a good introduction to American audiences yet.

Annabelle Wallis played the sweet but doomed Queen Jane on The Tudors and a mysterious stewardess on PanAm. Since that show has been cancelled, this role would be the perfect opportunity to thrust her into the spotlight.

Lucy Griffiths has the face of a Disney princess and the attitude of spunky heroine. She was perfect as Marion on BBC’s Robin Hood and continues to gain fans with her role on True Blood.

Anna Popplewell is another British beauty who has been sadly MIA since her role in the Narnia movies. She’s no stranger to epic tales and is need of a more grown-up role.

Antonia Thomas plays the beautiful yet spoiled character of Alisha Bailey on Misfits. She has the face of an angel and the attitude of a spunky young woman; a perfect combination for Jane.

About these ads
Comments
10 Responses to “Casting Call: Jane (Tarzan)”
  1. Tom Hardy or Charlie Hunam? *drool*
    Rosamund PIke would be great for the role as well, I think.

2. Paul C. says:

I love all of these choices.. I could not agree more with #1, 3 and 8

3. bearnerdette says:

Romola Garai would be great!

4. Alexander Skarsgård sounds like a strange choice, it’s hard to imagine him not sophisticated. But I would love to see him as Tarzan, just to see if he could do it.

As for female roles, I think Jane’s quite a hard one. Some great suggestions here, though 2, 3, 6 and 8 stand out to me for some reason. Part of me, however, is screaming that nothing could beat the Disney movie.

5. Sarah Bolger is perfect for the role. Her brunette hair, pretty face and attitude suit the character of Jane.

6. Bryan E. says:

LOVELY choices :) My favourite is actually number 10. Imogen Poots NEEDS that darn break out role already. It’s long overdue!

I also love your choice of number 1. While Thomas isn’t my top choice, I love the actress and I think she is BEYOND BEAUTIFUL!

7. Brian Hanson says:

Uh, Jane is American and blonde. If they’re doing Tarzan at the start, it should be a 17 or 18 year old american blonde beauty.

8. Brian Hanson says:

Maybe Dakota Fanning, if you’re looking for a name, and someone who can actually act.

• Jamie Z. says:

If they were going with a younger Tarzan she could work but I have a feeling that if they go with someone older like the rumored actors, then Dakota would be far too young to play across them