Avengers Month: 10 Random Thoughts During An Avengers Marathon
So, in preparation for the release of The Avengers, I think it’s important for everyone to re-watch (or perhaps watch for the first time) all the movies that lead into The Avengers; Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America. My friends and I decided to do this. In one day. But we skipped Hulk, coz several us had only just recently seen it, a few of us kind of disliked that movie, and we didn’t have the ten and a half hours necessary to watch all five movies. So we only watched four. Here are ten random thoughts that I had while participating in an Avengers Marathon. Which was epic, by the way, and everyone should do one.
1) Ha. Gwyneth Paltrow. Gfunk dislikes her. Immensely.
2) The score for this film could make anything awesome. True story.
The Incredible Hulk:
3) Ok. So, I know we didn’t actually watch The Incredible Hulk, but I did still think… HULK SMASH!!! Multiple times.
Whenever something got smashed. Which was often.
Iron Man 2:
4) They changed the actor who plays Rhodes. I like how they handled his entrance…
“Well, it’s me, and I’m here, so get over it and move on.”
5) So, what actually happened to Whiplash’s bird?
6) That bridge looks like Rainbow Road on Mariokart for Wii.
8) That guy can shoot lasers out of his face.
9) Huh. Howard Stark. Did not even notice that he was in this the first time around. Wow. Major fail on my part.
10) Captain America… looks ridiculous. I’m sorry. I know I found Superman kind of believable, but this costume is ridiculous. I think it’s the wings on his… hat. Hugo Weaving is also not looking his best for much of this film…
And there you have it. That’s probably about as condensed as any post about an Avengers marathon could possibly get.
But, seriously. It was epic, it was worth it, it was awesome. What more do you need? Oh, yeah. The Avengers. Check out the trailer again, because, let’s face it. It’s awesome.