About these ads

Casting Call: Wonder Woman

Since it’s just been announced that the Justice League movie is slated for a 2015 release, the question of who will play the signature heroes comes up. One of the most intriguing of those is Wonder Woman. After Adrianne Palicki’s failed television show I, like many others, started to think that bringing Wonder Woman back to the screen was a bad idea. But you can’t have the Justice League without Diana Prince. Below you can find my completely unimportant opinion on who should play Wonder Woman in the upcoming Justice League film.

1. Bridget Regan is to me, the perfect choice for Wonder Woman. She has the right look (brown hair, light eyes, a curvy yet toned body) and her role as Kahlan in Legend of the Seeker proved she’s capable of some serious fighting scene. She’s always one of the top fan choices circulating the interwebs.

2. Gina Carano is not only gorgeous and trained as a professional fighter, but I thought she wasn’t all that bad at acting in her debut movie Haywire. If anyone could convincingly kick as much butt as Diana does, it’s Gina.

3. Rosario Dawson doesn’t look like a canon Wonder Woman but I have no doubt that she would own the role.

4. Erin Cummings has proved how tough she is in both Spartacus and Bitch Slap. She is a gorgeous women who looks like she could wear a crown and still throw down.

5. Lynn Collins is another actress who looks the part and may actually be able to play it too, if you check out her action roles in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and John Carter.

6. Gina Torres is another actress who doesn’t necessarily look the part but would kick so much ass. Seriously, how awesome would it be if she were cast as Diana?

8. Morena Baccarin is another fan favorite and she does have that regal look to her that any Amazonian princess should have.

8. Evangeline Lily is another option. Many fans are calling for this casting and with extensive training, I could see Evangeline working in this role.

9. Katie McGrath plays the (now) evil Morgana on Merlin. She’s a tough looking chick who, with the right training, might be able to become full Amazonia.

10. Mary Elizabeth Winstead seems like she’s just waiting for the right action role to come around and Wonder Woman may be just that.

Honorary Mentions:

Jaime Alexander is an unlikely choice for Wonder Woman since she is already Sif in the Marvel universe, but after watching Thor, you can’t doubt how great she’d be as DC’s main female.

Lucy Lawless and Angelina Jolie both would have been perfect for the role a few years ago.

So readers, you tell me. Who should play the much beloved Wonder Woman in the upcoming Justice League film?

About these ads
Comments
17 Responses to “Casting Call: Wonder Woman”
  1. Paul C. says:

Oh man, if they go the new DC 52 reboot I can see Evangeline filling into the role perfectly, looks (a more slender WW) and talent wise. Cummings is probably my favorite of this group and I can see Monica doing it as well. I also love the Carano pick as long as she goes through some damn acting classes… though this role isn’t much of a stretch outside of kicking ass and playing the fish out of water character… nice job!

2. jenny says:

omg so many good castings. Rosario would be my #1. Iwould have loved Gina Torres few years ago, but I think shes too old now. You know I love Katie, but she can’t seem to shake her Irish accent. Unless she works super hard to do that, I dont see that working. And shes has the acting ability, but I think shes too slender for the part. I LOVE Evangeline, but…I just dont see her in this role. Mary Elizabeth Winstead would be my second choice. I wish Eliza Dushku was taller and not so skinny now adays, she would have been my #1. But thats partly cuz I love her and need to see her in more things. Im still hoping Joss puts her in the SHIELD show as she-hulk,.Random question, do you think Rose McGowan could work it? She just randomly popped into my head. I see her as being a possible choice. But as of right now, Rosarios and MEW are my top 2. Wonder Woman was my preK hero (I was OBSESSED with the TV show) so I hope they do right by her.

3. Livi says:

Well seeing as this movie is already going to be corny, I’d say Gina Carano. She’s not much of an actress, but she’d certainly have the muscles! I’m having hard time looking forward to this though. I think it will just be another Black Widow-esque fake chick in leather kicking ass yet somehow keeping her makeup and stilettos on, you know what I mean?

• Jamie Z. says:

I thought BW was fabulous in The Avengers and FYI she had her heels off during her fight scene with the Russians.

• Livi says:

I suppose what I mean is that most “heroines” don’t seem as down and dirty as the heroes are. They look good and beat everyone up, which doesn’t seem as realistic to me. Gina Carano at least looks physically intimidating, so I would absolutely believe that she can fight men bigger than her. Btw, nothing against BW! Perhaps it’s my jealousy taking over – she was almost stealing Renner there for a bit. I permanently think of her now as Hawkeye’s love interest now, so that’s very souring ;)

• Jamie Z. says:

Ah yes well in that respect, I think WW is the best because she’s totally one of the guys. She can throw down with the best of them!

4. pablothekid says:

Out of this list, and Evangeline Lilly stood out to me. With “training” she could own it. She’s already got the acting chops.

5. Evangeline Lilly could. I’ve gotten over her but something like this can get my attention.

6. Randy says:

I’m torn by your choices, I love some but I would stand far away from others, Lily Collins & Erin Cummings being my faves. Great write up! :D

7. Anna Silks She is Bo in Lost Girl right now.

8. ariananunez says:

great list! Gina Torres is too old though…

9. Reblogged this on singleinacollegetown and commented:
    Gina Torres ftw!

10. dracodawnstar says:

I was hoping it would be Bridget Regan or Jamie Alexander. Like you said, they looked perfect for the role. The roles they played showed that either one would be a good Wonder Woman. And their statuesque, toned, curvy bodies just have the LOOK of Wonder Woman. The person they picked as Wonder Woman is going to have to gain weight and really tone up if she wants to look anywhere near Wonder Woman.

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. […] Wonder Woman: Being a princess from a powerful warrior society demands a costume that is; regal, awe-inspiring, intimidating, and inspirational all at once. Luckily Wonder Woman has the perfect suit that checks all of those boxes. Serving as a practical suit for a fighter yet maintaining a look of beauty befitting the Amazonian heroine. Accessories such as the iconic Lasso of Truth and bracelets just add to the fantastic design. Whenever someone is foolish enough to alter this work of art (karate suit in the 70′s, leather jacket during JMS’ run) they are quickly fixed and the costume we all love always returns. […]